- Creation of a new Production/Technical Department
- Systems and Process review and implementation of new systems/process
- Full-time and Freelancer Recruitment
- Creation of a Preferred Supplier network
- Project Overview and Leadership
- Pitch Work (and winning pitches)
- Project Delivery
- Company Business Strategy Review and Suggestions
- Creation of Strategies to increase Revenue and Profit
- Liaison with offices globally
Between around May 2018 and July 2019, I took a ‘perma-lance’ Contract for The Freeman Company, being brought in by Senior Management to assist on the turnaround of the Agency model and creation of a Technical/Production Department.
The basic remits of my contract are detailed above, and during my time at Freeman I worked in the Agency office in London, as well as closely with the Coventry office. I also worked closely with a number of people in the Dallas head office and other offices in North America and the Asia and Pacific Region.
I worked on around 76 pitches and projects in the year, and took a number of projects that were pitched on, and won, to delivery stage.
My role finished by assisting management to recruit a full-time Head of Production and full-time Production Manager.
My personal bottom line impact on Freeman’s balance sheet was around an additional £2,500,000 of revenue in the financial year.
The role was great fun, challenging, and I learned a huge amount from my time at Freeman.
I welcome more challenges like this and other ‘perma-lance’ contracts!