I have worked on a huge range of projects from £100K to $20M. I love to work and no job is too small for me! I also am flexible as to whether I work as a Project Director, Technical Director, Production Manager – or somewhere inbetween. Uniquely, I work between Client, Agency and Supplier ‘sides’, which I hope allows me to see things more roundly.
On many of the projects I have worked on, there has often been complex stakeholder liaison management required to deliver the project. I’ve worked on events in Automotive, Tech, Pharma, Sport, Beverage and Retail to name a few! Since 2007 I have been security checked to work for the British Royal family, and have delivered private events for the Queen and Prince Charles.
The largest project I’ve worked on to date is as a Project Director on Saudi National Day where I owned a budget of around $20M and was responsible for all aspects of delivering the project across 3 cities.
I’ve also worked at some of the largest trade shows and conventions in the word including CES in Las Vegas, GDC in San Francisco, MWC in Barcelona, and DRUPA in Dusseldorf.
My skills in project delivery can be summerised as:
- High sense of self-driven business acumen including budgeting, finances, and working positively with financial challenges. I have worked on projects with budgets from £100K to $20M.
- Excellent level of understanding at a commercial level of how agencies, supply chains, and clients operate – and how this can be manipulated to drive margin.
- Excellent level of commercial understanding of costs, wages/salaries/pensions control, financing, financial forecasting, cashflow and talent sourcing.
- High level of attention to detail, including financial detail.
- Extensive ‘black book’ of talented professionals and suppliers with a proven track record to deliver, globally.
- Extremely high-level technical knowledge of Audio, Lighting, Video, Rigging and Power systems.
- Extremely organised and fully competent with Excel, Word, Office and other related software.
- Use of financial packages such as Trello, Monday Procim, Paprika and Quickbooks for budgeting, purchase orders and project management.
- Excellent experience with day-to-day financial planning and budgeting with self-drive to spot opportunities to spot commercial opportunities to increase margin.
- Great with people and managing expectations, including challenging personalities.
- Excellent at building relationships with producers and agencies to secure a high-quality project on time and on budget.
- A ‘creative realist’ enabling me to positively embrace challenging budgets, but not restrain creativity.